We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join Everrati, you will be responsible for the design, development and concurrent delivery of multiple B2B and B2C vehicle electrification projects, working closely with systems integration and production team to deliver projects on time and to budget.
Provide technical leadership and guidance in the design review process, involved in the development of Everrati Design Standards and Strategy. Mentoring and guiding junior team members to maintain product quality and ensure that engineering processes are followed. The role reports to the Head of Engineering and is based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, UK
Essential and Responsibility:
- Extensive Design experience in at least one major CAD system (e.g. Solidworks or equivalent package) and creating manufacturing drawings for new components including GD&T.
- Experience designing mechanical components and systems for assembly and production, including tooling access and jigging with a wide range of manufacturing methods.
- An excellent understanding of design processes, material selection and detailed design.
- Experience in first-principle hand calculations, and FEA structural simulation for new components and interfacing vehicle areas.
- Manage project timing, BOMs, overall budget and sub-suppliers to deliver hardware in line with project milestones.
- Develop FMEA and DFMEA, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory standards.
- Background in Automotive / Aerospace.
- Familiarity with Automotive APQP and DVP processes.
- Willingness to learn and get involved in all aspects of vehicle development.
- Hands on experience in working on vehicles in a workshop environment.
- EV conceptual and feasibility business case studies experience.
- Knowledge of FEA optimisation and tools to accelerate the development timing.
- Knowledge of EV system architecture including motors, traction inverters, DCDC converters, power distribution chargers and thermal systems.